Land identified for central varsity in HP



Dharamshala: The work for the identification of land for the newly announced central university of Himachal Pradesh at Dharamshala and Dehra has been completed and a notification has been issued giving the land to the university by the state government, said Vice-Chancellor Prof Furqan Qamar. He said that the Department of Forest has completed the work of demarcation of the forest land and the trees located there. “Once the work like counting of trees is finalised, a proposal would be sent to the central government for giving nod to the university for starting the construction work at both the places,” he said. “As much as 67 hectares of land has been located at Dharamshala while 337 hectares at Dehra. We will ensure that minimum numbers of trees are cut to ensure starting of construction work for the buildings to make it eco friendly,” he added.

He further said that as per the blueprint of the university, Rs 2,000 Crore would be spent for the construction of entire complex at Dharamshala and Dehra. The administrative campus and 30 per cent of the colleges would be located at Dharamshala while the rest of 70 per cent colleges under the university would be located at Dehra. “The work for the recruitment of regular staff has been taken in hand and advertisements for this purpose would be out in two days. At present 14 teachers are teaching on the makeshift campus at Shapur in the district to teach 260 students in the Post-Graduation and M Phil courses,” he said. He was hopeful that the campus would be completed in next ten to fifteen years as there was no shortage of funds with the central government for university purpose in Himachal Pradesh.

Previous articleHP inks MOU with Nestle to setup its Rs13.19 Cr. unit
Next articleState to issue legal notices to CLP and HPCC leader

No posts to display