Shimla: The Rural Development Ministry, yesterday released a list of 600 NGOs blacklisted in India, which has names of five NGOS working in Himachal as well.
The names of the blacklisted NGOs in Himachal are as follows:
- Desert Development Project, ADC Kaza Spiti, Distt – Lahaul & Spiti
- Development Promoters, Vill/PO Kuthar, Distt – Solan
- Government Polytechnic, AT/PO Sunder Nagar, Mandi
- Himachal Jan Vikas Sahyog Sansthan, PO – Darlaghat, Distt – Solan
- The State Council for Science, Technology & Environment Society, SDA Block No. 34, Kasumpati, Shimla
The 600 NGOs banned all over India by the government up to March this year, were funded by Council for Advancement of People’s Action and Rural Technology, which works as a liaison between the government and NGOs. The Council formulates projects and selects NGOs that can implement them. It also funds projects proposed by NGOs in different states, to take care of various development-related tasks. The blacklisted NGOs will not be allowed to start functioning again.
Interestingly, Andhra Pradesh tops the list with 175 NGOs banned followed by Bihar (123), Tamil Nadu (71), Uttar Pradesh (69) and Rajasthan (31). Karnataka (22), West Bengal (21), Delhi (21), Haryana (20), Orissa (19) and Maharashtra (19) are in the top 10.
What stops their re-emergence under new avatars and that too in connivance with corrupt-to-the-core establishments??
Comments are closed.