Notice: Undefined variable: url in /home/nfjueazn/public_html/wp-content/themes/Newspaper-child/loop-single.php on line 55
The official film poster and trailer was launched by the director and producer of the film Ajay Saklani, co-producer Shivani Saklani and the team of Saanjh including lead actors Aditi Charka, Vishal Parpagga, Amit Patiyal and Dhirendra Rawat. Saanjh is the first commercial feature film to be produced in Himachal Pradesh. A dream project for director and producer Ajay Saklani, who hails from District Mandi, the film has been screened at several American film festivals, as well as been awarded the Himachal Excellence Award 2016 by Divya Himachal. The film is scheduled to release on 14th April, 2017.
The film Saanjh concerns a young city dweller, Sanju, who is forced to move in with her grandmother in a rural village following her implication in a social media scandal. There she slowly forms a friendship with her grandmother’s learning-disabled lodger. Shot in the Kullu Valley, Saanjh beautifully captures Himachal’s culture, language and stunning landscapes. The film’s main theme is the hardship faced by aging parents who are left behind when their children migrate from villages to big cities. It also asks how inter- generational relationships might be rebuilt.
Saanjh’s predominantly Himachali cast and crew include lead actress Aditi Charka, who belongs to District Chamba, lead actor Vishal Parpagga from Mandi and Rupeshwari Sharma, also from Mandi, who plays Sanju’s grandmother. Two Bollywood actors star alongside the local cast—Asif Basra portrays Sanju’s father and Taranjit Kaur, of Aankhon Dekhi fame, plays her mother. Celebrated Bollywood playback singer Mohit Chauhan, who was born in District Sirmaur, gives voice to two of Saanjh’s songs, whilst the soundtrack is produced by Gaurav Guleria from Dharamshala.
The purpose of this interaction is to support Saanjh at the state and national level which has already made its mark at international level by bagging Best Feature at the Borrego Springs Film Festival 2017, and Award of Merit at the Accolade Global Film Competition—both in California, USA.
Quick highlights –
- First film from Himachal to be released in cinemas across India.
- First film from Himachal to be released in two languages – Himachali and Hindi.
- First Himachali playback song by celebrated bollywood singer Mohit Chauhan.
- First film to introduce the near extinct Tankri Script.
- First film from Himachal to receive international awards and honours.
- Showcase the landscape of Himachal, its cultural and traditional lifestyle.
- Encouraging the youth towards a better cinema and filmmaking.
AWARDS & APPRECIATIONS –
- Best Feature Film – Himachal Excellence Award 2016 (Divya Himachal), ‘Award of Merit’
- The Accolade Global Film Competition (California, USA)
- Official Selection – Cinema on the Bayou Film Festival (Louisiana, USA)
- Official Selection – Los Angeles Women’s Film Festival (Los Angeles, USA)
- Special Screening – Punjab Film Festival 2017 (Jalandhar, INDIA)
The poster and the trailer link attached – https://youtu.be/iNhHxP_4hv4
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/saanjhfilm/
Website – http://www.saanjhfilm.com/