The Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Devvrat and Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh have expressed sorrow over the fire incident which took place at Banwadi willave of Tangnu Janglick Gram Panachayat under Chirgaon block of Shimla District on Saturday, late
night. The Chief Minister has expressed his deep sympathies with the affected families of devastating fire which left 30 houses to ashes rendering 53 families homeless, as per the report. He said that the State Government and the people of the State were with these families in
this hour of distress.
The Deputy Commissioner Shimla Mr. Rohan Chand Thakur said that administration have disbursed Rs 40 thousand as immediate relief to the affected 53 famlies who have been makeshift to a relief camp made at Tangnu Primary School complex. The District administration also distributed one LPG stove, LPG cylinders, Ration, Blankets and bedings to the affected. He said that as many as 30 building having more than 100 rooms were gutted in the devastating fire broke out from electric short-circuit last night at Banwadi Village 41 km from Rohru under Chargaon subdivision.
SDM Rohru Mr Anupam Kumar distributed Food, Ration, Water, Tents, Blankets and Quilts, and other essential items to the affected
snowbound remote village Banwadi village under Tangnu-Janglick Gram Panchayat. No loss of live have been reported in the fire.