Revenue Minister reviews status of small encroachment cases


A High powered panel constituted by the Government of Himachal Pradesh today assessed and reviewed the encroachment cases in the State under the chairmanship of Health, Revenue and Law Minister, Mr. Kaul Singh Thakur. The Revenue Minister said that Himachal being a welfare State, it should be the responsibility of the State to protect the rights particularly connected to the livelihood of the people and in view of magnitude of the livelihood and the human approach, the State Government was making all out efforts to provide relief to the small and marginal farmers of the State. However the Government was strict against the big encroaches and action was being taken accordingly against the defaulters, he added.


The Committee after detailed discussion directed the Additional Chief Secretary-cum-Financial Commissioner Revenue to explore all the possible legal options in the ambit of law and put up suggestions before the committee whether the small and marginal farmers and farmers belonging to backward areas having less than 10 bighas of land could be provided some relief. It was apprised that an application for seeking deferment on hearing the encroachment cases made against small encroaches over the Government land was filed in the Honorable High Court but the same was still pending adjudication.


A decision was also taken to examine and explore the possibility as to whether any Act can be brought to regularize the encroachments made on Government land by small and marginal farmers. It was also decided to explore all possible legal remedies to file a review petition in Honorable High Court, to provide relief to the small and marginal farmers who have encroached upon the government land in dire necessity on humanitarian grounds.


The Committee also decided to explore the possibility of making request to the Honorable High court to hear various CWPILs pending adjudication pertaining to removal of encroachment on the Government land by clubbing them together and placed before a special bench so that there may be uniformity in directions qua manner of removal of encroachments.


Suggestions were also sought on the issue as to whether Himachal Pradesh Regularization of Encroachments (in certain cases) on Government Land and Disposal of Government Land Rules, 2002 can be amended to provide relief to marginal and small farmers. The next meeting of the Committee has been fixed on 28th of January in Shimla at 1100hrs.

Previous articleChief Minister calls upon the Media to work fearlessly
Next article38 new colleges opened, four private colleges undertaken during last 4 years: CM
ML Verma is a Senior journalist, with more than a decade of experience of active reporting for electronic media, news agencies and fast paced online media.

No posts to display


  1. Making illegal encroachment as Legal would be an injustice against law abiding citizens………….. why does issue spring up only when the Elections happen to be around the corner. The similar move was initiated by BJP Government , when in power……
    I am from Dari/ Dharamshala and have noted that Hundreds of Kanals of Government has been illegally encroached by so many people.
    On this Government lad people have constructed commercial complexes and rented our to different business owners.

    one such example is KHSRA No. 257 , KHATOUNI No. 499 , Mant Patwar Circile , Tehsil Dharamshala , District Kangra . This encroachment lies in War No. 12 of Dharamshala Municipal Corporation .

    Plenty of correspondence to almost all the concerned authorities have yielded NO results so for about this Unauthorised Occupation of Government Land

  2. Yes You are right sir Sirf Garib Admi ISS mai mar raha hai esa konsa Village hai jaha sarkari zameen nhi hai or us par logo ka kabza nhi hai but elections mai apne number bnane ke lie ye sab kia jaraha hai. or Sarkari mulazim jabardasti apni seat ka jor dikha kar tang kar rahe hai. Main Village beri tehsil tihra sujanpur ka rehne wala hu waha ke kuch log jan bujh kar DC ko complaint ker rahe hai ki maine sarkari jameen pe diwar bnai hai or isko tudwaya jae kyuki unki demand hai village ke ander ambulance ani cahiye esa konsa gaon hai jiske ander tak ambulance jati hai vibhag ko maine kitni bar kaha ki ap demarking kerwao but political pressure ke karan koi kuch nhi kar raha . Mera ghar lal Dora jameen pe bna hai but patwari ki galt pemaish ke karan waha sarkari jammen nikali jarai hai jiske lie mai kitni bar request ker chuka hu ki iski demarcation kerwa ke sahi faisla karo but koi sun ne ko tyar nhi pure gaon mai sirf mujhe is ke lie tang kia ja ra hai .

Comments are closed.