The Himachal Pradesh Council of Ministers approved revision of Monetary Benefits to Gallantry Award Winners. The Cabinet Meeting was chaired by Chief Minister Mr. Virbhadra Singh. The lump-sum grant to the recipients of Paramvir Chakra and Ashok Chakra has been enhanced from Rs. 25 lakh to Rs.30 lakh and annuity from Rs. 1.25 lakh to Rs. 3.00 lakhs and similarly lump-sum grant to the recipient of Mahavir Chakra from Rs. 15 lakh to Rs. 20 lakh and annuity from rupees 1 lakh to 2 lakh as per the budget announcement of the Chief Minister. The cabinet approved enhancement in annuity for other categories of Gallantry Awards winners too.
The Cabinet also decided to amend the ‘Land Record Manual’ by creating one Kanungo circle over every six Patwar circles leading to creation of 154 posts of Kanungos in the State. In addition to this Cabinet also decided to strengthen the ‘Revenue Records Rooms’ for which 148 posts of various categories were sanctioned. It was also decided that in lieu of allowing sell/ transfer of equity share above 26 percent to 49 percent of projects up to two MW capacity from Himachali promoters to Non Himachali and to sell/transfer equity shares above 49 percent to 51 percent of projects above two MW to five MW capacity from Himachali to Non Himachali, a fee at a rate of Rs. 25000 per MW is to be deposited at the time of signing Tripartite Agreement for transfer of project and the same is to be incorporated in Hydro Power Policy 2006.
The Cabinet also approved to cancel four Small Hydro Electric Projects namely Seri Nala (2.50 MW) in District Shimla, Malin-II (0.50 MW) in District Kangra, Tikar (1.00 MW) and Kandi (0.90 MW) both in District Mandi recommended by Himurja for failing to adhere to the guidelines as agreed upon. The cabinet approved filling up of 21 posts of various categories to strengthen Atal Bihari Vajpayee Mountaineering Institute Manali.
· The cabinet gave its nod for up-gradation of Health Sub Centre Kotlu to PHC along-with creation of three posts in Thural, Palampur.
· The cabinet gave its nod to up-gradation of Health Sub Centre, Haban to PHC in Sirmour district and creation of three posts therein.
· Opening of Health Sub Centre at Peharwin and PHC at Mahari Kathla, District Bilaspur along-with creation of two posts for HSC Peharwin and three posts of PHC Mahari Kathla as per the announcement of the Chief Minister.
· Opening of PHC at Gullarwala along-with creation of three posts and up-gradation of PHC Ramshehar to CHC in Solan District as per the announcement of the Chief Minister.
· It also decided to upgrade four posts of faculty in IGMC Shimla in various departments so as to overcome the shortage of senior faculty member in Dr. Y.S. Parmar Government Medical College, Nahan.
· The Cabinet issued directions to the Health Department to explore the possibility of opening Trauma Centre at Deen Dayal Upadhaya Hospital Shimla.
· The cabinet approved exemption from entertainment duty to New Cinema Houses for a period of five years. At present 10 percent of entertainment duty is levied on all type of entertainments. The exemption will boost opening new cinema houses.
The Cabinet approved up-gradation of Sub Tehsil Ani to Tehsil. The Cabinet also approved opening of Sub-Division Police Office at Bhabanagar in District Kinnaur along-with post of Deputy Superintendent of Police and supporting staff.