Three shops reduced to ashes in major fire : Shimla


Three shops gutted in a major fire and eight others were partly damage as the fire broke out in the crowded commercial place at Lower Bazar here this afternoon, police source confirmed.

SP Shimla Abhishek Dullar said that fire broke out from electric short circuit at 1400 hours today at wine shop, suddenly which spread into nearby two shops. All the three shops were completely reduced to ashes till the time fire tenders were pressed from Mall road to control the fire.

Six water engines were used to douse the blazes as two fire tenders were directly pressed at the spot while four others were used from the Mall road to control the flames in high crowded place.

No loss of life was reported when the fire was brought under control after three and half hours. The preliminary estimate reported total loss of Rs. 20 lakh to the property as victims were identified M/s. Ramdass Saligram of grocery shop, M/s Vikas Sood dealing in ready-made garments and M/s Dayal, owner of wine shop.

The fire also partly render loss to the eight victims identified as M/s. Surinder Pall and Sons, M/s Nihanal Ram Lok, M/s Manish Garments, M/s Ganpatarai Bansi Lal, M/s. Jagat Singh Gurbench Singh and Radha Krishan General store.

The eye witness and former vice president of Vyapar Mandal Shimla Mr. Ashwani Sood said that appropriate amount of compensation should be given to the victims as soon as possible.

Nutan Sachdeva, one of the victim said she had not insured her shop like many others, but should some how be compensated.

M/s Ram Das Salig Ram claimed about loss of three to four lakh due to fire in their godown.

Moreover, many shops were far from the spate of fire were partly damaged in fire combat operation as the water seeped into their shops and damaged good.

It is worthwhile to mention here that the same spot was also gutted by devastating fire about years ago.

The people could not appreciate this second fire incident as fire tender traversed in highly crowded area in Lower Bazar as they were already in shock because of  British Raj Day historic building which was partly reduced to ashes in the overnight fire of this town.

As the news of fire broke out in the town, it caused massive panic among the people who were moving in large crowd in the area.

Previous articleMajor fire at British era building in Shimla
Next articleOrder of probe into burning of Gorton castle : CM

No posts to display