Family rendered homeless in extreme cold wave; Shimla district


A double storey wooden carved building gutted in devastating fire which broke out last midnight at Shongla village of Jubbal subdivision of Shimla district, rendering a family homeless in extreme cold when entire belt is bounded by thick layer of snow.

Police sources said that four rooms of the building completely gutted in the flames as it broke out after an electric short circuit at 0130 hours last night. No loss of life was reported in the mishap but it caused loss of Rs. 8 to 10 lakh to the affected, forcing them to take shelter in neighborhood.

As all roads linked to the spot were already snowbound the victims have no choice but to look the house in-front of their eyes into the fire embers. There is also a report of half feet thick snow lying in the area due to extreme winter conditions. There is no report of immediate financial assistance to the family.

During winters, number of fire incidents occurs in the hills as the houses are made of local timber which is prone to fire.

Previous articleDisruption continues on NH-22 ; Himachal Pradesh
Next articleCongress have different choices to press for own Rajya Sabha nominee

No posts to display