By: MANJEET SINGH
That the govt should add emphasis on improving the quality of teachers of all levels by (besides adequate funding)…
- Adding special trainings. Infusing hi-tech.
- Hiring more teachers from field or make it a requirement that all teachers work outside of school/college for at least 5 years or so.
- The teachers especially at college levels would be required to have published some material on some journals.
- All teachers should be required to participate in a certain minimum number of seminars/conventions per year.
- All institutions to have a career councilor/motivator. This is extremely important for colleges. The goal for students should move from a acquiring a degree to building a career.
- Improving/making the education participatory or bidirectional. That is, making it mandatory for students to debate their own education and provide feedback.
- Require all institutions to have good alumni programs. Take feedback from alumni in job market to align courseworks.
- Promote sports heavily but subdue politics i.e. forbid college student organizations from aligning with any political party.
Of course , once the govt shows interest in changing directions, we can work on preparing a comprehensive document or even suggest hiring a policy consultant.