Manali (Sept 25): A British national on tourist visa was found dead in a room in Banru guest house near Manu temple in Manali last night. Chief of Kullu police Abhishaik Dullar said over phone that Bristal Michal said preliminary investigation revealed the death occurred following over-consumption of liquor. He said the district administration has alerted the British embassy in Delhi about the incident, while a case has been registered by the police and investigation is going on.
Tourists rescued from guesthouse on fire
About half a dozen tourists staying in a private guesthouse in Old Manali town were rescued after fire broke out in the building this morning.Kullu deputy commissioner BM Nanta said Dream River guesthouse caught fire this morning and all tourists staying inside its 14 rooms were rescued safely and the fire was controlled on time. Fire officer Manali Kamal Shabru said that fire broke out in after an electric short-circuit at 9am this morning, and was brought under control by firetenders. The guesthouse was found violating fire norms as despite getting valid permission, it did not have any fire extinguisher. Manali has more than 900 hotel units, most of them running without proper fire control equipment.