Nahan: As many as eight persons of same family in age group of 15 to 35 years have been hospitalised in Sirmour district, as they fell unconscious after food poisoning, 120 km from here last evening.
Chief Medical Officer District Sirmour Dr. M.K. Pathak said that eight members of a family suddenly fell unconscious when they were taking lunch in a field were later rushed to Rajgarh hospital by the others farmers who were working in nearby field. All were later referred to zonal hospital Solan where they were reported out of danger. Superintendent of Police district Sirmour Punneta Bhardwaj when contacted said that sample of wheat flour has been collected and has been sent for testing. She said that only those who took wheat roti fell sick, but those who took rice were fine. She said that case had been registered for food poisoning and investigations are in progress.