Fire burns down double storey house in Himachal



Shimla: Devastating fire broke out from electric short circuit this afternoon, burning down a double storey house in Bahali village, 40 km from subdivision Rampur in this district, fire sources said.

This double storey wooden house having eight rooms belonged to Mahinder Bhandari. It caught fire from electric short circuit at 2:00 pm and entire building was reduced to ashes, while fire tenders could not be deployed until the house was reduced to ash. Six families, tenants of the building were all rendered homeless.  The fire caused estimated loss of Rs 10 lakh to six families and owners while there is no loss of life in the mishap. No official from district administration had arrived on the spot till the filling this report.

In another fire incident, shop belonging to fruit juice vendor  was burnt down at regal near UNI office last night. Fire caused the loss of Rs 20,000 to a Abdul Rahim, while fire tenders pressed from scandal point doused the flames at 4:30 am, source said.


Previous articleState CID recovers 3 kg illicit charas from a person
Next articleFive die in separate road accidents in Mandi distt

No posts to display