In a recent notification, Election Commission has announced that all electors in 65 Assembly constituencies, who have not been issued Electors Photo Identity Cards will be able to cast their vote by providing alternative identity proof such as
2. Driving Licences,
3. Income Tax Identity ( PAN ) Cards,
4. Service Identity Cards issued to its employees by State/Central Government, Public Sector Undertakings, Local Bodies or Public Limited Companies,
5. Passbooks issued by Public Sector Banks/Post Office and Kisan Passbooks (Accounts opened on or before 30-9-2007),
6. Student Identity Cards issued by Recognized Educational Institutions on or before 30-9-2007,
7. Property Documents such as Pattas, Registered Deeds, etc,
8. Ration Cards issued on or before 30-9-2007,
9. SC/ST/OBC Certificates issued by competent authority on or before 30-9-2007,
10. Pension Documents such as ex-servicemen’s Pension Book/Pension Payment Order, ex-servicemen’s Widow/Dependent Certificates, Old Age Pension Order, Widow Pension Order,
11. Freedom Fighter Identity Cards,
12. Arms Licenses issued on or before 30-9-2007,
13. Certificate of Physical Handicap by Competent Authority issued on or before 30-9-2007,
14. Copy of parivar register as maintained by Gram Panchayat/Urban Local Bodies like Municipal Committees etc and duly issued by Gram Panchayat and Vikas Adhikari/competent authorities upto 30-9-2007,
15. Domicile certificate (Himachali certificate) issued by a revenue officer like SDM/Tehsildar/ Naib Tehsildar.
16. E.S.I. Identity Card issued up to 30.9.2007.
Ms. Manisha Nanda, Chief Electoral Officer, Himachal Pradesh said that the Election Commission has clarified that the above mentioned documents if available with the Head of the family will be allowed for purpose of identification of other members of the family provided that all the members come together and are identified by the Head of Family.