NRIs entitled to get themselves registered in electoral rolls



Shimla: Chief Electoral Officer Manoj Kumar said here today that every overseas elector i.e. Indian citizen who is absenting from his place of ordinary residence in India owing to employment, education or otherwise, and has not acquired citizenship of any other country and is not included in the electoral rolls is entitled to have his/her name registered in the electoral rolls.

He/She may do so in the electoral rolls of constituency in which his/her place of residence in India has been mentioned in passport. He said that every overseas elector whose place of residence in India is located in the State of Himacha, has completed 18 years of age as on 1st January, 2011 and is desirous of registering his/her name in the electoral roll is invited to submit claim application in Form-6A for registration in the electoral rolls of their respective constituency.

He informed that Form-6A along with guidelines for the applicants is available with Electoral Registration Officers (ADMs/SDMs) and is uploaded on the website of Election Department“. He said that the claim application in Form-6A can either be submitted in person directly to the registration officer of the constituency concerned or sent to registration officer by post along with the documents mentioned in Form-6A and the guidelines. When the claim application is sent by post, it should be accompanied by photocopies of the relevant pages of the passport duly attested by the competent official of the Indian mission in the country concerned, he added. Further, he informed that the addresses of the Registration Officers of each of the 68 Assembly constituencies in the State of Himachal Pradesh could be seen on the website

Previous articleElection Commission directs special revision of electoral rolls
Next articleHimachal T-20 final on March 17

No posts to display