Two families rendered homeless in Himachal



Shimla: Two families were rendered homeless when a building was burnt down by a devastating fire that broke out last night at 11:30PM at Standli village of Jubbal, police said here today.

The house belonged to Mohan Lal and Ishwar. The fire, which broke out due to an electric short circuit gutted down 12 rooms of a house. The fire was so intense that it turned the house into ashes in no time, even before local people could control it. The house was unapproachable by road, so there was no question of arriving of fire tenders. Administration has released Rs5000, five blankets and rations for six months as immediate relief to affected family. The fire did not cause any loss of life, but property to the tunes of Rs16 lakhs was lost in the fire.

Previous articleICDEOL admissions extended up to 15.2.2011 with late fee
Next articleVivekanand trust received huge sums from Tibetans: RTI info

No posts to display