Centre spending Rs 350 Cr for watershed mgmt in Himachal



Shimla (Jan 20): The Union government has sanctioned 44 projects worth Rs 350 crore under the Integrated Watershed Management Programme for Himachal during the financial year 2010-11.

Himachal Pradesh Rural Development and Panchayati Raj minister Jai Ram Thakur said in a public meeting held at Dharamsala today that an area of 2,37,651 hectares would be covered under the programme and an amount of Rs 356.47 crore would be  utilised for the projects. He said that under the IWMP scheme, 90 per cent funds would be received from the Central government and remaining 10 per cent was being spent by the state government.

Previous articleFour new PG courses in IGMC Shimla
Next articleFCI to come up with 7 more warehouses in Himachal

No posts to display