Property worth Rs Two lakh gutted in fire



Shimla (Jan 16): A devastating fire which broke out in a building in Salana village of Shimla district last night gutted property worth Rs Two lakh. The mishap rendered one family homeless in biting cold, police sources said.

One of the victims, Hem Raj of Salana village, told that his house caught fire last night at 2200 hrs gutting down all his belongings and two rooms completely.

Braving out the situation, local people doused off the flames from spreading and saved rest of the buildings. The services of any fire tender could not be used in combating fire, as vehicular traffic was not plying on the road as town was snowbound.

The police have registered the case into this incident, however no official arrived at the spot to disburse the compensation in wake of holiday in the town today. The reason of fire is yet to be ascertained.

Previous articleSnowfall in major Himachal tourist towns
Next articleGovernment suggests Aloe Vera cultivation to get rid of monkey menace

No posts to display


  1. Interested to set up aloevera processing plant at saranha-kumar hatti road . Please guide.

Comments are closed.