Three storey house gutted in devastating fire

November 29, 2012

Three storey house was gutted in devastating fire broke out from a fire place, rendering two families homeless in chilly weather of last night, fire offical said.

Chief Fire Officer M.S. Sonkhala told that, this three storey house belonged to Mela Ram and Chani Devi resident of village Kulh under Rampur fire stations, which caught fire last mid night and the house was partly reduced to ashes. The fire tenders could not reach on the spot on time, as the spot was 2 km away from nearest road linked. Local people tried to douse down the blazes and brought the fire under control within one hour.

The fire caused estimated loss of Rs. 8 lakh to property. SDM R.K. Sehjal visited the spot after mishap this morning and handed over financial assistance of Rs. 15,000 to each victims along with blankets and food items, who had been shifted in the house of their relatives.

Leave a Reply


Reader comments on this site are the personal opinion of the comment writer and HimVani.com does not subscribe to them.