Ancillary unit gutted near Shimla.

March 21, 2012

An Ancillary unit was gutted by a devastating fire in Shimla which reportedly broke out due to electric short-circuit at Jhaja-Pathari village on Junga-Sadhupulah road. The ancillary unit came under Chota Shimla fire station which is 30 kms from the point of incidence.

Divisional Fire officer B.S.Mohal told that ancillary unit Mahavir Wood Wool Private Limited manufacturing cooler insulated wood-wool board gutted down as fire broke out from an electric short-circuit at 0345 hrs this morning.

Two fire tenders deployed at Chota Shimla fire station took about eight hours to douse down the inferno and brought the fire under control. The factory owner Masat Ram Sharma claimed that it caused loss of Rs 25 lakh  as factory unit and a store contained 400 bales of wool and ply-board which were reduced to ash in the fire.

Leave a Reply


Reader comments on this site are the personal opinion of the comment writer and HimVani.com does not subscribe to them.