80 Tibetan students hospitalised after food poisoning

0

Himvani.

Dharamshala: Eighty Tibetan students of the Lower Tibetan Children Village School were rushed to the local Delek Hospital here since late last night following the symptoms of food poisoning after they consumed food. Forty of them were admitted whereas rest were discharged after first aid.

Dr. Chetan Dorji, Chief Medical Officer, Delek Hospital told Himvani that 80 Tibetan school children were brought to the hospital. He said that the school children of Lower Tibetan Children Village School had consumed food at the residential school mess yesterday and developed symptoms of the food poisoning and they were rushed to Delek hospital for treatment. He further added that 40 children were admitted in the hospital whose condition was said to stable. CMO said that remaining 40 school children were discharged after administering first aid.

When contacted police authorities said that the matter was not reported to the police so no case was registered in this regard.

Edited by: Johar Singh